Dear Wahconah School Community,
I am very excited to be reaching out to you as Wahconah prepares to embark on its 57th school year! Mr. Steve Messina, our Assistant Principal, and I are looking forward to working with the staff, students, and families of our great school. One of our main goals is to keep our line of communication open as often as possible in an effort to keep you apprised of all of all of the wonderful happenings at Wahconah.
We offer several different “venues” to get the latest information about Wahconah:
- · Wahconah Website - http://cbrsdwahconah.ss10.sharpschool.com/
- · Wahconah Blog - http://wahconah.blogspot.com/
- · Wahconah Twitter - @wahconahrhs
- · Mr. Robb’s Twitter - @AaronRobb5
The Wahconah Wednesday Message
We will also be sending you weekly email updates. We received a great deal of positive feedback about this approach last year so we certainly intend to follow through with it again this year. In it you will typically find:
- · Updates on special events
- · Updates on PSAT, SAT, ACT, and MCAS testing
- · A monthly Parent Professional Development series
- · Wahconah School Building Committee updates
- · and more!
9th Grade Orientation
For the third year in a row, we will be hosting our 9th grade students for a special orientation on August 29th from 7:50-11am. The Class of 2021 will get to:
- · meet our Student Ambassadors
- · meet their homeroom teachers and get their lockers ahead of time
- · participate in an Extra-Curricular Fair
- · participate in a school-wide Scavenger Hunt
- · receive their free “Class of 2021” t-shirt
School Advisory Council
If you would like to become even more involved and better informed, I encourage you to consider joining our School Advisory Council. SAC members typically meet with the Principal one Monday evening per month to receive updates regarding school activities and initiatives as well as review the School Improvement Plan. In addition, the Principal fields questions and listens to concerns from parents. The commitment is minimal (no fundraising). We appreciate parental input and feel as though it's vital to a strong school community. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com and I will respond to you as soon as I am able. I look forward to hearing from you!
Wahconah School Building Project
As many of you are aware, the voters of CBRSD overwhelmingly favored conducting a feasibility study of Wahconah in an effort to explore the possibility of a renovation or rebuild of our school. Since that time, the Wahconah School Building Committee has been working with the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) to follow through with that process. The School Building Committee meetings are open to the public, and once they resume later in September, we will be sure to let you know. If you would like to learn more about the School Building Project and the MSBA process, go to the CBRSD website and click on the “Wahconah Building Project” tab toward the top of the page. Though the feasibility process will consume more than a year, it is extremely exciting to be entertaining the prospect of creating a new and improved Wahconah to serve the students of our district well into the 21st century!
Mark Your Calendars!
Back-to-School Night and Parent/Teacher Conferences
- · Back-to-School Night - Thursday, Sept. 14th
- · Daytime Parent/Teacher Conferences (district half-day) -Tuesday, Nov. 7th
- · Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences -Tuesday, Nov. 14th
- · Seniors' Last Day of Classes (half-day inservice) - Friday, May 18th
- · Class Night - Thursday, May 31st
- · Senior Assembly (Freshmen Trip) - Friday, June 1st
- · Graduation - Sunday, June 3rd
Anticipated 180th Day of School
- · Tuesday, June 12th
- · Please plan ahead and expect to have AT LEAST 5 more days of school after June 12th due to possible snow days (this affects final exams in June)
I would like to take a moment to welcome our newest staff members to Wahconah for the 2017-18 school year:
- · Vicki Breitmaier – Administrative Assistant
- · Brenda Clark – Paraprofessional
- · Janet Douglas – Paraprofessional
- · Tina Kasala – Paraprofessional
- · Pattie O’Brien – Paraprofessional
- · Nate Sullivan – Special Education teacher
- · Corey Walsh – English teacher
- · Lynn Wesley – Math teacher
We would also like to take a moment to welcome the Class of 2021 as they embark on the first of four successful years here at Wahconah. We are certainly looking forward to helping you learn and grow over the next several years. And congratulations to the Class of 2018 as they begin what I’m sure will be a memorable Senior year.
On behalf of Mr. Messina and the rest of the Wahconah staff, we are excited to be back and are ready to work with you and your student in the coming school year.
Aaron M. Robb